quarta-feira, 26 de setembro de 2012

El Príncipe de la Niebla (The Prince of the Mist)


What price would you be willing to pay to have one of your wishes granted?

This is basically the premises of the book; there’s this mystical character – the Prince of the Mist – who grants wishes in return of a certain price - an unreasonable price -, that can go from setting on fire a merchant’s warehouse, to sacrifice the life of your first born.  He believes that people shouldn’t expect to get everything they want without giving something in return – he sees it as a fair trade.

There was a certain simplicity to the plot and there weren’t that many characters, which I liked; I felt that the book was really focused on the mystery that I was presented to and didn’t try to introduce other elements that probably wouldn’t be that relevant to the story. I also enjoyed the fact that the author didn’t try to give us an expected happy ending – something bad had to happen for the story to make sense.

This book is the first one of a trilogy and I’ll be reading the rest of it even though, from what I’ve read, the other books have different plots. I really liked this book and I would recommend it. I know this author is famous for is adult novels but this little young adult trilogy is worth checking out.

I've read this book in spanish and this is the cover:


0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário