quinta-feira, 24 de janeiro de 2013

Hedge Knight

I have to admit, I've never been the biggest fan of stories set in medieval times with fantasy elements, but George R R Martin has taught me to appreciate this genre. So far,I've been really loving what is has written and Hedge Knight is no exception.

The premise

Night falls over the life of one noble knight and brings the dawn of his squire's knighthood. Dubbing himself Ser Duncan the Tall , he sets forth to the tourney at Ashford Meadow in search of fame, glory and the honor of upholding his oath as a knight of the Seven Kingdoms. However, keeping an honest path doesn't seem to be the tendency anymore and his chivalry could compromise his future.

My thoughts

This graphic novel is an adaptation of a short story that takes place 100 years before the events of A Game of Thrones.

I liked it a lot because, in my opinion, it added to my impression that the series created by George R R Martin is a story that seems to have a lot of history and tradition on its foundation. I particularly enjoyed how it was connected to what we already know from the series and how we got to know more about some of the more distinguished families and the legends that surround them. I also thought that Duncan was really commendable and the fact that this was basically a story about honor and how we should always follow through with our commitments.
Great story with a great message.

4 out of 5 stars.




0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário