terça-feira, 1 de janeiro de 2013

Reading Challange # 1

I've never done a reading challenge before but I thought that 2013 would be a great year to start doing something different and to set some goals.

I've realized that I have a lot of books sitting on my bookshelves waiting for me to pick them up and so I've decided (to try) to read most of them this year. The purpose of this challenge is to knock down the pile of books that I've been accumulating over the years and that I haven't read until now; I won't be considering the books that I buy during 2013 because I know that I'll read them as soon as a get them.
So far I have 31 books that I haven't read and what I'll be trying to do is read, at least, two of them per month (24 by the end of the year).

This is the list of books that are currently on my bookshelves that I haven't read:
  • 1984, George Orwell
  • 1Q84 (third volume), Haruki Murakami
  • The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss
  • El Palacio de la Medianoche, Carlos Ruiz Zafon
  • The Hobbit, J R R Tolkien
  • O Primo Basílio, Eça de Queiroz
  • A Capital, Eça de Queiroz
  • Contos, Eça de Queiroz
  • O Mistério da Estrada de Sintra, Eça de Queiroz
  • A Ilustre Casa de Ramires, Eça de Queiroz
  • O Crime do Padre Amaro, Eça de Queiroz
  • Alvez & Cia, O Mandarim, O Conde de Abranhos, Eça de Queiroz
  • A Tragédia da Rua das Flores, Eça de Queiroz
  • A Relíquia, Eça de Queiroz
  • A Woman of Thirty, Honoré Balzac
  • The Three Musketeers, Alexandre Dumas
  • The Bonfire of Vanities, Tom Wolfe
  • LA Confidential, James Ellroy
  • The Godfather, Mario Puzo
  • The Constant Gardener, John Le Carré
  • The English Patient, Michael Ondaatje
  • Uma Família Inglesa, Julio Dinis
  • Interview with the Vampire, Anne Rice
  • Antes Morrer que Matar, James Hadley Chase
  • Tropic of Capricorn, Henry Miller
  • Madame Bovary, Gustave Flaubert
  • Giant's Bread, Mary Westmacott
  • Sons and Lovers, D H Lawrence
  • Charlie Wilson's War, George Crile
  • La Méchanique du Coeur,  Mathias Malzieu
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Stieg Larsson
I apologize for the portuguese names but so far I haven't found a translation.

Each month I'll post my progress and I'll try to review as many of this books as possible.

I got the idea for this challenge at The Deliberate reader: http://deliberatereader.com/

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário