segunda-feira, 6 de maio de 2013

Death Note - Volumes 4 - 6 by Tsugumi Ohba

Synopsis

Light Yagami is an ace student with great prospects - and he's bored out of his mind. But all that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies, and now Light has vowed to use the power of the Death Note to rid the world of evil. But when criminals begin dropping dead, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer. With L hot on his heels, will Light lose sight of his noble goal...or his life?

My thoughts
(I've already reviewed the first three volumes of this series and you can check it out here)

These books were a great following to the ones I had already read and the characters are just as fascinating and intriguing as they were in the beginning. My jaw drops with every mental battle between Light and L; they are increadibly smart and the fact that they can keep each other on their toes really adds to the story and makes it a lot more engrossing. Misa's addition was a bit sudden and I'm still trying to understand what exaclty is her role in the story but I actually like her; there is certain mystery to her and although she seems to be a little silly, she's actually quite smart and loyal to Light.

As for the plot, it took some interesting and unexpected turns during these three volumes and I'm curious to see where they will lead. I also loved the fact that the moral question that I had already pointed out on my previous review ae still part of the story and that they have been taken to other levels.

So far I haven't read that many graphic novels/mangas but this series is amazing and if you haven't checked it out yet then do it because the story is great, different from anything that I've ever read and it's so addictive that you'll feel the urge to read it all as fast as possible.

I give 4 out of 5 stars to volumes 4 and 5 and 5 stars to volume 6.

 

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário